IS it only in the video card?

pidr

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
i have AMD Phenom X4 9650 Quad-Core 2.3GHz Ram 8GB PC2-6400 DDR2 ATI Radeon HD 3200 and none of the high games work so i am asking if a new graphic card will do it or should i get a new computer as well.

uncfan_2563

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
New graphics card definitely. Your cpu being QuadCore and at a decent clock speed shouldn't be killing you. you might want to get an estimate of your CPU bottleneck by going to any game, putting it on the the lowest settings and seeing your frame rate. that should give you a rough idea if your CPU is really holding you back

edeawillrule

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
You're using integrated graphics which can barely run solitaire so yes a new graphics card will fix your problem.
What is your power supply rating & what is your price range for a new graphics card?

pidr

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
Thank you people u really helped me, Ill check the frame rate, on some games its good like Battlefield 2142 or World in Conflict i can play on medium even Burnout PAradise, but CoDWaw lags like hell, like 2 frames a minute :) even on the low lowes settings. I bought the computer so i can play the newest game of the newest games thats why its a quad core, and my price range for a new graphic card wont be much, the most ill be looking at is 200 dollars nothing more for now. and i don't know how to check supply rating. Thx for replying... I need your help

The graphics card is far more important than the processor when it comes down to gaming, for 200 you can get a pretty good card and upgrade your PSU if necessary. What model computer did you get? it might be easier to figure out your PSU that way rather than taking it out.

pidr

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
I have AMD Phenom X4 9650 Quad-Core 2.3GHz Ram 8GB PC2-6400 DDR2 ATI Radeon HD 3200 HP Pavilion model A6750Y. what is a psu?

litex

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
I had an even weaker processor (1.8Ghz quadcore) and the same graphics (3200).

Just upgrading the graphics and PSU gave me a HUGE boost. I can run CoDWaW on full settings at a great framerate (not sure what the FPS is exactly, but there is no lag at all).

The PSU i got was a BFG 550W, which you can find for around $80. The graphic card i got is the radeon hd4770, which you can find for around $100. Also, with this graphics card, you can actually get away with buying a much weaker (and therefore cheaper) PSU, I just wanted one that would last me for many years and future upgrades.

Good luck.