[SOLVED] Is it? Or is it not possible?

Apr 15, 2020
Is it possible that cpu specific features appear on bios like for example, an intel i5(model 2) has vtd support while the model 1 has not. if you replace model 1 (the default one) with model 2 and "turn on vt d" is not in bios, is it possible that the "turn on vt d" on bios appear because of the intel i5 model 2? Sorry for the bad english

I mean does the "turn on vt d" setting appear when switching to i5 model 2

Last edited:
Reactions: bencos2018
Solution
Is it possible that cpu specific features appear on bios like for example, an intel i5(model 2) has vtd support while the model 1 has not. if you replace model 1 (the default one) with model 2 and "turn on vt d" is not in bios, is it possible that the "turn on vt d" on bios appear because of the intel i5 model 2? Sorry for the bad english
Intel Virtualization Technology requires multiple component support, with the hardware items including at least the CPU, bios, chipset. Some CPUs support it and some don't. You can search on an Intel page for specific CPU support and there are many web sites that discuss chipset support, although AFAIK it is enabled in families of CPUs rather than individual models.'

HERE is the...

RealBeast

Titan
Intel Virtualization Technology requires multiple component support, with the hardware items including at least the CPU, bios, chipset. Some CPUs support it and some don't. You can search on an Intel page for specific CPU support and there are many web sites that discuss chipset support, although AFAIK it is enabled in families of CPUs rather than individual models.'

HERE is the site to search for which CPUs have which features.

Reactions: bencos2018
Solution

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Please do not repeatedly repost the same question every few minutes.

TRENDING THREADS