[SOLVED] Is it possible for a single 12v RGB Header to power these many devices?

Oct 28, 2020
My motherboard, ASUS TUF B450M-Plus Gaming, has only 12v RGB header that is rated for a maximum current of 3A. I am planning to hook up 6 Deepcool RF 120 fans and a Cooler Master Ml120l v2 that has a RGB pump block (1 of the 6 fans are going to be used on the radiator so I won't be using the one that comes with the AIO). Is it possible for my single RGB header to power all of these devices? I am planning to use a 3-way splitter. I have been looking for info everywhere for the amperage on these devices' LEDs but can't find an exact number.

Additional PC Info
Ryzen 5 2600
MSI Gaming X GTX 1650
16GB RAM
500W PSU

Solution
I believe it should be possible.
The header can only do what it can do (2A is typically quoted for a lot of boards, but I'm not sure).

When it comes to RGB/LEDs, they shouldn't run the risk of damaging anything - if they can't obtain adequate power/amperage from the header, they should just be dimmer, or not illuminated at all.... As far as I know anyway.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I believe it should be possible.
The header can only do what it can do (2A is typically quoted for a lot of boards, but I'm not sure).

When it comes to RGB/LEDs, they shouldn't run the risk of damaging anything - if they can't obtain adequate power/amperage from the header, they should just be dimmer, or not illuminated at all.... As far as I know anyway.

Solution