[SOLVED] Is it possible for a young teenager to build a PC?

Sep 14, 2020
I am very interested in building my own PC. I've saved some money for a while and wanted to try and build one. I want to know that is it difficult to build a gaming PC? Is it possible for a 15y/o with no knowledge about hardwares to build one?

Thanks,

Solution
Like the post above said I would recommend you watch a few "How to build a PC" from known youtuber like Linus Tech Tips, JayTwoCents etc.

You watch as many as you want. You follow them when you build your system.

If you know someone who knows how to build a system in your family you could ask someone to supervise your first build so you don't do any mistakes.

I'm sure you can do it and if you need any help with anything just come here and ask the questions. Msg me privately if you need help with the build.

And before buying any parts post the build here using https://pcpartpicker.com/list/
Like the post above said I would recommend you watch a few "How to build a PC" from known youtuber like Linus Tech Tips, JayTwoCents etc.

If you know someone who knows how to build a system in your family you could ask someone to supervise your first build so you don't do any mistakes.

I'm sure you can do it and if you need any help with anything just come here and ask the questions. Msg me privately if you need help with the build.

And before buying any parts post the build here using https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Solution
Sep 14, 2020

And before buying any parts post the build here using pcpartpicker.com.
Thank you so much, I might buy all the things like CP, GPU etc. As soon as possible and if i need any help I will msg you privately :D

So I was messing with computers back when I was 13. My brother was doing the same with me at the age of 9. It is definitely possible.

However, keep in mind that you are working with some very, very expensive stuff (just think of how long it took you to save up for this), and you need to read, read, and read more until you know everything inside and out before you spend one penny. This is especially important with how fast technology moves because if you don't build it immediately, something else faster/better comes along and what you bought and had sitting is now not the best value for your money.

One thing I would recommend is to simply get a hand-me-down computer for free and attempt to take it apart and put it back together again. Even an older lga775 system would be fine for this. While not the same as a new computer, it will teach you all the important concept and get you 'hands on' with hardware that if you make a mistake on won't be an expensive mistake. This is essentially how I learned, except it was on a pretty expensive machine at the time (IBM PS/2 30-286 in 1989). We then built our first monster 486 from the ground up and then our cyrix p166+ after that. I've built a few systems since then but have found better value in picking up older off lease systems for cheap and just upgrading them--like this Dell 3020 SFF I'm using now that I upgraded the ram to 16GB and then upgraded the processor to a 4790k along with the cooling.

Reactions: PIKEEEE

USAFRet

Titan
Absolutely.
My eldest grandson built his system at age 11. I selected and bought the parts, he did 95% of the assembly.

Selecting the parts is possibly the hardest thing. After that...budget and coming up with the money.
Assembly is relatively easy. Many guides online. Go slow, read lots, ask questions.

Reactions: PIKEEEE and SamirD

Asez23

Reputable
Oct 11, 2020
I am very interested in building my own PC. I've saved some money for a while and wanted to try and build one. I want to know that is it difficult to build a gaming PC? Is it possible for a 15y/o with no knowledge about hardwares to build one?

Thanks,
i am 12 years old. i just finished building my gaming pc and everything works great. I also have achieved "gReAt" status on this forum. you should be able to do it as well/