Is it possible?? GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB on an Intel DH55TC

lon3

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
I have an older rig at home and i want to upgrade it.. please please help me out...
Specs as of now:
Motherboard: Intel DH55TC
Processor: Intel Core i5-650
RAM: Strontium DDR3 4GB
Graphics Card: MSI N210

I am not sure about the other details.. It has a 400 watt psu so i guess it might need a more powerful psu as well!??

Now my problem is that i have already ordered the GTX 650 Ti Boost but not sure whether it will be completely compatible with the motherboard.. So can anyone help me out here please.!

Solution

Your GPU should work fine with that mobo. I would recommend getting another 4gb of ram, to make 8gb total, better for current gaming, and multitasking.

Your CPU is an I5, but it's a dual core with HT. It won't give you steller...
The TI boost will work fine on that m/b. As for your psu, it depends on how good a supply you have. Recommended size for that gpu is 450w, and I would guess that your psu is a "generic" type and is probably not up to the task. To be safe, I would also upgrade your psu to a quality 500w unit from XFX, Seasonic, Antec or Corsair.

Mark

Your GPU should work fine with that mobo. I would recommend getting another 4gb of ram, to make 8gb total, better for current gaming, and multitasking.

Your CPU is an I5, but it's a dual core with HT. It won't give you steller performance, but it won't be bad either.

If your PSU is a good brand, you could be okay, as the 650ti Boost only draws about 150w, and unless your overclocking your CPU (which your not) then 400w might get you by, but maybe look at a 500-550w just to be safe.

Solution