Question Is it possible that adding more RAM can cause page file errors?

I've been using these 16GB (2x8GB) in dual channel on a 1151 motherboard:

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232779

I recently bought another pair of the same exact part/model # 6 months later for a total of 32GB (4x8GB)

The BIOS and the task manager reads/recognizes the memory and it does seem to be working but lately I've been experiencing some issue with the page file window showing up stating there was an error and I should reconfigure the page file allocation. I currently have the following settings and the problem seem to have gone away so far.

U52lYYp.png

But I'm still curious if my memory is what's caused the previous errors?

I also want to point out that I have an aging Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 as my primary boot and I'm suspecting this may be the cause as well.

Off Topic: I've been experiencing these often when I restart my computer and no signal is going to my monitor. At first I thought it was just my display port/hdmi cable or the monitor itself but I ruled those out by using a different cable and another monitor.

I also suspected my GPU to be causing this but I plug the input directly into my motherboards hdmi input and no signal still.

Is it possible that my aging M.2 drive is causing my boot issues with no signal to the monitors? I am able to resolve this repeatedly restarting my computer until the windows successfully boots up (Sometimes it takes me 10-20 times for it to work)

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Page file should be equal to total Ram size, so it should be 32gb though it is unlikely to ever be that size. It only uses it if you need more ram than you currently have available. I would make it larger than what you have currently.

I wouldn't expect boot drive to stop signal getting to monitor.

Thank you so much for the response! I'll go ahead and change it to match my memory ram capacity.

Would you happen to know what may cause signal to monitors to fail? I just find it hard to believe that both my motherboard and GPU inputs are malfunctioning at the same time. Especially since I never use motherboard video input always connected to GPU

animemangamer said: "I also suspected my GPU to be causing this but I plug the input directly into my motherboards hdmi input and no signal still".

That's normal because motherboard graphics ports only work when the PCIe graphics card is physically removed from the system.

You might want to try re-seating the graphics card (ie remove it & firmly put it back in the slot) if you are sometimes not getting a signal from it.