[SOLVED] Is it possible that modem damage motherboard?

Jul 23, 2021
Two days ago when i connect modem some time its showing blue screen error kmode exception and some time its shutdown and restart. Then i change modem driver and the issue solved.from yesterday my pc shutdown and restart. I saw event viewer its show kernel power 41. I remove modem but its again shutdown and restart. I wait in bios same problem.i change psu then change cable and power source. But same problem.then i change mobo and ram but same problem. Temp is below 60° c. How can i solve this problem?
Is my modem again damage new motherboard?

Last edited:
Solution
The only way your modem / router could physically damage your computer, is from a power spike coming through the ethernet, which is incredibly rare. However if it actually damaged your motherboard, you wouldn't be able to boot back into Windows.

I've never heard of any other possibility.
Two days ago when i connect modem some time its showing blue screen error kmode exception and some time its shutdown and restart. Then i change modem driver and the issue solved.from yesterday my pc shutdown and restart. I saw event viewer its show kernel power 41. I remove modem but its again shutdown and restart. I wait in bios same problem.i change psu then change cable and power source. But same problem.then i change mobo and ram but same problem. Temp is below 60° c. How can i solve this problem?
Is my modem again damage new motherboard?
Which kind of modem ?

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
The only way your modem / router could physically damage your computer, is from a power spike coming through the ethernet, which is incredibly rare. However if it actually damaged your motherboard, you wouldn't be able to boot back into Windows.

I've never heard of any other possibility.

Solution