Is it possible that my graphics card makes a constant beep sound in my headphones?

Aug 27, 2018
Since I upgraded to my GTX 1060 I occasionally listen a continuous high pitch beep for some seconds and then it stops. I also listen constant high frequency continuous "silent sound" when there is nothing being played.

I had an old motherboard and replaced with a "new" one, with new ram, also changed to an SSD.

I thought that the issue of this strange beep would be stopped when upgrading, but it is still doing it.

Not even putting the sound on mute on the OS would stop it.

I don't really know what it is but this seems like hardware issue for sure.

The headphones are connected directly to the motherboard.

I thought it was the power supply, but I swapped with a friend and it is still the same.

The last 2 things that I might think of could be my headphones, or the power connection to the wall which may not give stable electricity.

Please give me some advise, this is really annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
To see if it's the headphones, test them with another system. Did you try the front audio jacks also? What is the power supply brand and model you are using. And stable electricity is needed for the computer in general to run properly, if you have issues with power you can damage your system not just get odd electrical noise.
To see if it's the headphones, test them with another system. Did you try the front audio jacks also? What is the power supply brand and model you are using. And stable electricity is needed for the computer in general to run properly, if you have issues with power you can damage your system not just get odd electrical noise.

Solution