Question Is it possible to add more RAM to the hardware reserved?

Feb 19, 2019
I was curious if it is possible to do this since my task manager only says I have 117mb of hardware reserved RAM out of the 8gb I have total. I wanted to do some tweaking with this to see if it would improve performance with my laptop.

I think this is what you are looking for, as far as i'm aware this is the only thing that can really alter your ram settings besides your bios. There maybe other programs out there but as far as I'm aware you can't change your dedicated ram. What it could be is you have so many things installed and running it's eating up all you available ram try uninstalling all background task that you don't use. I.E. Onedrive steam battle.net things like that if you arn't using it uninstall it and delete all cashed files + left over files that wern't removed from the uninstall process. once all your junk is gone try restarting you pc and check your dedicated hardware ram then.

Last edited:
You have to set your maximum hardware reserved RAM ,basically your iGPU vram,in bios.
It's normal to have a small number show up in windows because it only shows you how much is being used at that moment you have to run something that takes up some vram to show the actual usage.
Also your laptop might have two GPUs one in the CPU and a discreet one in that case the discreet one might have some actual dedicated ram and not use any hardware reserved RAM at all.