[SOLVED] Is it possible to adjust what angle my laptop lid triggers sleep mode?

Nov 9, 2021
Hello everyone, my laptop triggers sleep mode at a very steep angle, I often close the lid slightly to see the ports in the back and it goes into sleep mode.

I have a Lenovo legion 7i. I am curious as to what merchanism is used to trigger sleep mode. Possibly a conductive material around the hinge that changes resistance as it stretches (lid is closed)?

How would I change the angle at which sleep mode is triggered?
Is there some setting somewhere? Or could I somehow change the trigger voltage if it is a variable resistance mechanism?

Thanks in advance for advice/insight

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Simply put, the answer is no, since the hinge on any laptop isn't designed the same. Some have to be really close to the base while some initiate a little higher than that but the mechanism is the same. If you didn't know it's a magnet found either at the front of the laptop, where the laptop's lid clamps or the base, where the hinge is.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Simply put, the answer is no, since the hinge on any laptop isn't designed the same. Some have to be really close to the base while some initiate a little higher than that but the mechanism is the same. If you didn't know it's a magnet found either at the front of the laptop, where the laptop's lid clamps or the base, where the hinge is.

Solution