[SOLVED] Is it possible to be recovered?

georouv

Prominent
Jan 27, 2020
After a format of my hdd , i tried to recover my data in the same hdd, and i could not find them so i deleted them again? But i stopped using it.Is it possible the recovered data with those names file0001,file0002 etc contain the files i want? It was mostly videos.And the hdd was full so it was almost fully overwrited.Is it any way with some file fixing program to recover those files?

Solution
After a format of my hdd , i tried to recover my data in the same hdd, and i could not find them so i deleted them again? But i stopped using it.Is it possible the recovered data with those names file0001,file0002 etc contain the files i want? It was mostly videos.And the hdd was full so it was almost fully overwrited.Is it any way with some file fixing program to recover those files?

Anything that is overwritten is gone forever. By trying to recover the data while using the hard drive, you reduced the chances of recovering anything at all significantly. Your only chance is to recover the data by connecting it to another computer, saving what you can, and then seeing if anything is useful.

As always, the only way to...

DSzymborski

Titan

Anything that is overwritten is gone forever. By trying to recover the data while using the hard drive, you reduced the chances of recovering anything at all significantly. Your only chance is to recover the data by connecting it to another computer, saving what you can, and then seeing if anything is useful.

As always, the only way to dependably recover files is to not lose them in the first place. A proper backup plan is a basic part of PC ownership.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

Format
recover to the same drive
deleted

After all of that, no.

"file0001" is just fragments. You won't be able to reconstruct those back out into videos.

For future reference: