[SOLVED] Is it possible to bypass DELL's motherboard "Unsupported Video Configuration"?

Black Dovahbear

Reputable
Mar 11, 2017
I planned to use my integrated graphics as my second GPU for virtualization but when I plugged my display cable into the motherboard, I got this message.

Is it possible to bypass this message? Or is it actually outright not supported? It won't even let me boot if I have a GPU plugged in. I'm wondering if there would be a way to "hide" the GPU from the BIOS and let me boot using integrated graphics. If I managed to do that, would it be possible to use the GPU once I boot? Might it just be worth it to just start investing in another motherboard?

The reason why I ask is that I'm looking to set up a GPU Passthrough for Virtualization using KVM/QEMU/VFIO combined with Looking Glass but unfortunately, some DELL motherboards don't like it when you have your display plugged into your integrated graphics while having an add-in GPU. I suspect I might need to take a different approach to virtualization if I were to continue using this mobo (perhaps use a single GPU method or a different alternative).

Anyways, thank you for your time!

Solution
When a graphics card is detected, the integrated GPU is automatically disabled to avoid resource/driver conflicts, and your particualr motherboard does not support any other GPU configuration such as simultaneous use of both as some motherboard's do.