Question Is it possible to change the clock speed on my laptop?

Ceejae

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2012
Reason behind my question is a bit of an unusual one.

I do all my gaming on a gaming laptop that's getting on in age, one of those games is Counter Strike GO. About a year ago a big CSGO update got released that rendered the game barely playable to a tiny percent of people (lots of console errors, lots of stutter).

According to internet sleuths the issue is created if your CPU runs at a certain clock speed, and the only reliable way to resolve it is to change it (up or down).

I had a look through my BIOS and that doesn't seem to be an option for my laptop. Is there another way to do it? That or any other suggestions appreciated, I'll try just about anything at this point (the laptop's not in the best shape anyway). Cheers

SPECS:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363)
GIGABYTE
P27GV2
BIOS: 1.03.03RGI6 (type: UEFI)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
16384MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

laptop-Tech

Prominent
Jan 27, 2020
No laptops are not meant to be over clocked for they are already running at the seeming max power and laptops cooling is not good enough and there one model laptop CPU from 8ntel that can be over clocked I don't remember the name

Ceejae

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2012
Yeah no I understand that. I don't want to overclock it, I simply need to change the clock speed one way or the other - and I would be lowering it, not increasing it. Is there any way to do that?

Do any laptop power saving settings affect the clock speed? I'm wracking my brain, literally any change at all to the clock speed will serve my purpose.