Question Is it Possible to Charge and Sync My Dell Computer Simultaneously Through the USB-C Port?

the_apprentice

Prominent
Sep 16, 2023
I have a Asus computer, model UX430UNR, and I'm wondering if it's possible to run cables from the USB-C port to the battery port in order to both sync my computer and charge it simultaneously via USB-C.

What specific things do I need to check before attempting this?
What safety precautions should I consider to avoid damaging the computer or motherboard?

Is it possible to use two cables where I ground one, or is it enough to run two cables directly from the USB-C to the DC port where it charges?Is there a risk that the motherboard or other components could be damaged by this?Has anyone done a similar project and can share their experiences?

Currently, I charge via the regular DC connector and sync the computer through the dock using the USB-C port. It’s not a big deal to have two cables, really, but I thought it might be more convenient to have just one connection that both charges and syncs it. Right now, I have a dock that syncs my two monitors, ethernet cable, printer, gaming chair, mouse, speaker, etc.

Is this even possible to do? How can I find out if my model supports it?

You wouldn't be able to charge that unit via it's USB C port unless it was plugged in, and if it was plugged in there would be no need to charge it via it's USB C port. And that's assuming it even allows charging via USB C.