[SOLVED] Is it possible to connect an RC controller to a PC with a wireless USB mouse reciever

Feb 29, 2020
I had an RC controller lying around and I noticed it ran on the same frequency as a wireless USB mouse (2.4 gHz). I was wondering if I could connect the RC controller to my pc using the reciever from the usb mouse. Is this possible? Thanks in advance!

Solution
Not likely unless it was designed to function that way. You would also need some kind of device driver so the computer understood what it was talking to.

The radio frequency means very little. 2.4g is unlicensed which means anyone can pretty much use it for whatever they want as long as they conform to transmission power limits. It is used for cordless phones, baby monitors and even your microwave oven.

Maybe a better example would be if you use a cell phone and you speak english and a friend only speaks german. Even though the phones uses they same network you still can't communicate because the language is different.
Not likely unless it was designed to function that way. You would also need some kind of device driver so the computer understood what it was talking to.

The radio frequency means very little. 2.4g is unlicensed which means anyone can pretty much use it for whatever they want as long as they conform to transmission power limits. It is used for cordless phones, baby monitors and even your microwave oven.

Maybe a better example would be if you use a cell phone and you speak english and a friend only speaks german. Even though the phones uses they same network you still can't communicate because the language is different.

Solution
Feb 29, 2020

That makes sense. If there was a driver would it work? Because the driver would be like a translator for the english and german friend? Im just thinking out loud.

EmmaDobozi

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2013
As far as I know, communication among devices involves protocols (for the same familly of a certain vendor) and a kind of pairing (that would designate to each other a specific pair of devices) ; I think it is unlikely to get "translation" and make them properly work.

TRENDING THREADS