[SOLVED] Is it possible to control fan speed refers to GPU's temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2021
So here's the situation:
My Zotac 1070Ti Mini is still running normally, but its fan pin header died (idk why it doesnt deliver electricity anymore). After doing some digging in my local online store, i found this cable to convert mini PWM cable (gpu fan cable) to normal size for pwm fan cable, and plugged it in the motherboard.

The fans now spin perfectly, and i tried to make the curve from the bios. The curve only offers me to refer from Processor or Motherboard temp. Is there anyway to make it refers to GPU temp? That would be great, because i dont want my gpu fans spin like forever even tho they're cool enough hehe.

Sorry if there's any bad grammar, english is not my native language.

Thanks in advance 🙏

Solution
Use msi afterburner, speedFan, or Zotac provided software to control fan speed according to GPU temp.
Also go through this link, may be this will help you.

ak195

Distinguished
Use msi afterburner, speedFan, or Zotac provided software to control fan speed according to GPU temp.
Also go through this link, may be this will help you.

Solution

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Usually the fan profile curve assignment does have the option to reflect temps of CPU, GPU, motherboard or any heatsource in your build but that function varies from board to board and model to model, not to mention if the software's options are limited for a range of boards. Can you parse the make and model of your motherboard? You might want to also see if you've got the latest app to manage the fans on the board...often times it's tied to the BIOS version which will lead me to ask what your current BIOS version is(?).

Jun 8, 2021
Hi both of you guys, thanks for the replies. I just discovered how to do it. Im using an app called Argus Monitor, and it helped me with the issue. But really, thanks for the replies.

Thanks in advance, again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.