[SOLVED] Is it possible to fix fried usb wifi adapter?

Jan 6, 2021
xRpxbaW.png

So long story short I made a makeshift usb extension cable for my wifi adapter out of an old male to male usb cable. It worked for a bit but the connection wasn't tightly secured and when I went to remove the usb from the cable I think the contacts got misaligned and fried the usb its completely dead tried on different machines. Anyone know what part of the chip got fried and if it can be fixed? The model is ASUS USB-N53

Solution
Hammer and flat head screwdriver on the end opposite the connector (or saw that end off with a hacksaw). The PCB very likely doesn't extend past the halfway point of the overall device length.
Jan 6, 2021
No one out here can tell, because we can't see the damage.

But, a new USB WiFi can be had for $15, and a USB extension for a couple $$ more.

This one cost me $50 and performs much better than the cheap ones I bought thats why I want to fix it if possible. I'm trying to get a look inside but this thing is hard to open

Jan 6, 2021
1138380.jpg

This is an ASUS USB-N53. I recently fried it and want to open it to take a look inside but I can't find a way to open it without breaking part of the frame not sure if its super glued down or what but I try prying the side with a screwdriver and it will barely budge. Any ideas appreciated