• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Is it possible to get a ps4 to use an external hard drive alongside internal storage

t3bcrew

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
I am looking for a way to expand the ps4's storage capability without replacing the internal hard drive.

Yukfoo

Reputable
Jan 24, 2016
i wish sumone would a swer this i been all over the internet and can not find a dpecific andwer
- you can not install games to an EXTERNAL ON PS4 but can you use an external as a placeholder a storage for games
(( im thinking yes becouse there is a backup feature but is it packes all one file or can you pick an choose what to copy from one drive to anather
--- i want to store my games externally an copy them to internal removing nonstop download annoyances
--- i understand external drive an sata cable an a hard drive inclosure NOT NYCO DATA BANK GARBAGE to make external internal but
i want both
-- yes i plan on a 4 terrabyte internal made out of an external
but
i also want an external to STORE GAMES AN GAME SAVES
i do not expect to access games an game saves on external but i am willing to copy pasta or move the data to the internal for access
--- also im understanding the EXFAT if this is achievable would be what the hard drives internal and external would need to be formatted to
--- i have had my ps4 three months and already bought 5 times the amou t digitally that my ps4 can hold
-- i buy figittally becouse i own 2 ps4s an gameshare with my son
--- PLEASE SUMONE GIVE US A REAL EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE SOLUTION i believe i already know the external to internal hard drive solution but a EXTERNAL ONLY to use as a external for game storage not installs would be a huuuuge help
-- also rest mode is lost on internal after 2 terrabytes
ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED
to op not tryi g to jack yur thread im just looking for the same andwers

Yukfoo

Reputable
Jan 24, 2016
i want to teplace the internal i get that but
--- is it possible to also use an external like as a placeholder to access games an game saves
i know i can not install to external but can i copy paste or move from external to internal full games dlc an game saves illiminating no stop downloads i own ALOT of digital games way more than 4 terrabytes can i also STORE FULL GAMES on an external an copy them to internal when i want to use them