[SOLVED] Is it possible to get an RTX 3070 gpu at retail price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2020
Hi, the name's Todd. I've finally saved up enough money to buy an RTX 3070 at retail price. I have been looking and looking and it seems that I can't find one. I live in the PH, I mean there are people who sell RTX 3070 but the prices are terrible, scalpers are selling them 200$ more, some are even double.

- Any help will be very appreciated :) Thank you

allidsarebusy

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2016
Mate, let me tell you my story.

6 month ago I was building my new PC and went for 2nd hand Sapphire RX 580 8GB for 150 euro as a temporary solution before the new gen of graphic cards will launch.
3 weeks ago I've got lucky and managed to get Nvidia 1660 TI for 270 euro. I've sold my RX 580 literally within 15 min for 160 euro, after i received my new card.

This just shows how bad the situation is right now.

I will wait for another 6 to 8 month before i will actually think about the real upgrade.

Reactions: Krotow and LolaGT

DSzymborski

Titan
Yeah, not a lot of options. Even here, with likely better supply, it's been hard to get one of these at MSRP. I got my 3080 at MSRP, but I had to stalk Newegg 7:30 PM and Best Buy 11:30 AM drops for more than a month before I successfully landed it. Those options are likely not available for you. It's a mess.

Reactions: Phaaze88
At today (end of January 2021) - no. For lazy buyers - no sooner than in next year. But you can try at end of April. Or be ready to for everyday scan through popular retailer online shops at like at 5-7 AM to get before scalper bots.

And here in Europe is no way to get any RTX 30xx or RX 5xxx or 6xxx card for so called MSRP because of VAT. So our "MSRP" for RTX 3070 would be like 750€. However at today though I see no RTX 3070 in shops around cheaper than 949€ (Asus cards are thoroughly priced above 1000€).

D

Deleted member 2720853

Well, I did. Got lucky finding a single 3070 Gaming X Trio in stock at 519 EUR on my local retailer's website. Keep in mind that in Europe the retail prices are a bit higher.

As soon as I bought it and got the GPU reserved, it went out of stock and the prices skyrocketed again lol. I feel like I got the last Ampere card in my entire country.

poorbugger

Distinguished
Well, I did. Got lucky finding a single 3070 Gaming X Trio in stock at 519 EUR on my local retailer's website. Keep in mind that in Europe the retail prices are a bit higher.

As soon as I bought it and got the GPU reserved, it went out of stock and the prices skyrocketed again lol. I feel like I got the last Ampere card in my entire country.
Same here. I was the last person to snatch a tuf 3070 from taiwan for 600usd. It retails now for 1000usd. Not kidding.

Ash95

Great
Dec 25, 2020
In the UK, 3070 stock is not too bad anymore, as long as you are fast at buying it, once a retailer adds stock. Non FE are selling from between £530-£700 or so on Currys daily, depending on manufacturer.

D

Deleted member 2838871

I got a 3090 at retail at Best Buy... along with a PS5 and XSX for some friends... (PC Master race)

I had insider info though... roommate works in Best Buy IT and told me the exact minute the items were going online (separate days for the GPU and consoles) and I was there spamming refresh to get them in the cart and purchased.

No remorse... beat the bots. The 3090 was actually the first item for my new build ordered in early November. Over the next month between Black Friday sales and what not I got everything ordered and shipped... slow holiday shipping was annoying but everything finally arrived and built the PC on Dec 20th.

Patience.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Yes, it is nice to have some spare cash for things like rush GPU purchase :) Majority even didn't managed to scrap together enough money to get something like 3070 while it was still available for MSRP price. And now it don't make any sense anymore.

allidsarebusy

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2016
No, all those new cards are available, you can buy all you want here in The Netherlands.
Check those links below and pick the one you like. It's just that the prices are beyond logical.

allidsarebusy

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2016
I think that the problem is rather trivial, there is not enough global production capacity to meet the worldwide demand for CPUs and GPUs.

Now even more and more people will be working from home on the permanent base. Companies exploring those possibilities to cut the rental costs of the office space.

Demand will keep rising, while production still lacks behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.