[SOLVED] Is it possible to get "too good" of a power supply?

Nov 29, 2018
I'm currently parting my first PC I'm going to build.
Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
RX Vega 56
Western Digital 1 tb 7200 rpm
240 gb Kingston SATA SSD
B450M Pro4 Motherboard
16gb ram

So basically, I'm looking at power supplies, and I can find good deals but only for 750w Gold power supplies (Cooler Master V750 and Gigabyte G750H. These units are only about $10-$20 more than a 550w-600w Bronze supply. My question is, even if it is overkill for my system (not planning on running 2 GPUs or overclocking) is it worth it to get the better PSU? Thanks

Solution
Get a good one like the CM V750 even if it's overkill at this time. The Gigabyte is terrible.
No harm in getting a PSU with more watts than needed , your setup will only draw what it needs.
D

Deleted member 14196

If you built a system with $200 worth of parts, but chose a $300 psu, that would qualify as "too good" of a PSU. It wouldn't really hurt anything, but it would be a waste of money
not really, the PSU is your most critical part, and, if it blows up and is crap quality, it can damage all kinds of other stuff connected to it. and nobody is going to spend 300 on a psu, but many balk at 100, which they should not.

the same with you can never buy too good of tires for your car. get the best you can afford is what I say.

TRENDING THREADS