Is it possible to have TV upscaling on a monitor?

kuston

Commendable
Sep 12, 2016
Hey guys!
So, I have noticed that with my Nintendo switch (running at 900p when docked), I can play both on my 4k monitor and on my 4k TV. Now, both devices offer some kind of upscaling, the TV though does it way better. For some reason, playing with my Nintendo on my TV feels really better and more high-res, even if the pixel density is way smaller (comparing a 24" monitor with a 43" TV), so I assume there's some kind of post processing like anti aliasing or something like that on the TV, which is not present. So, my question is:
Is it there any device to have the same high-quality upscaling on my monitor?

Thanks a lot!

Solution
No most monitors don't have any kind of processing in them, they just display the resolution and/or stretch if needed. TV's do have dedicated scaler and AA chips in them to take lower signals up to a higher resolution, especially 4K TV's. not much to do really.

You can't set 1080p? I think with the switch only some games force 900p.
No most monitors don't have any kind of processing in them, they just display the resolution and/or stretch if needed. TV's do have dedicated scaler and AA chips in them to take lower signals up to a higher resolution, especially 4K TV's. not much to do really.

You can't set 1080p? I think with the switch only some games force 900p.

Solution

kuston

Commendable
Sep 12, 2016
Yeah, sorry, I mean that games like Zelda run at 900p, even if some run at 1080p.
So, there isn't any kind of external device to upscale (and add AA) to the image?

Not without spending a lot of money on an upscaler, not a really common device for home use.

TRENDING THREADS