[SOLVED] Is it possible to have two RTX 3070 Ti in a case?

nickr336

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
I bought a Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Master and it is massive. Is it possible to run another 3070 Ti in the same case? With my current motherboard there would be about 10 mm of space between them. Is that prohibitively small amount of space to have between video cards? Is there a motherboard that would have more space between PCIE slots? Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Solution
You cannot use this GPU in SLI/NVLINK mode, since the card does NOT support it.

What are your FULL PC specs ? First of all, why would you want to install and run 2 of the RTX 3070 Ti GPUs ? For using 2 monitors, without connecting both the cards ? If this is for gaming, then I highly recommend you to avoid going for a dual-GPU setup. Though, you cannot SLI these cards.

For other use cases, the extra GPU horsepower might help, depending on the app, but not for gaming.
You cannot use this GPU in SLI/NVLINK mode, since the card does NOT support it.

What are your FULL PC specs ? First of all, why would you want to install and run 2 of the RTX 3070 Ti GPUs ? For using 2 monitors, without connecting both the cards ? If this is for gaming, then I highly recommend you to avoid going for a dual-GPU setup. Though, you cannot SLI these cards.

For other use cases, the extra GPU horsepower might help, depending on the app, but not for gaming.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Solution

nickr336

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
Thank you for responding. It is for gaming, and mining in spare time. I think the bottleneck is the motherboard. Currently I have Z290. I am upgrading to Z690. Another thread mentioned that motherboard spacing between PCIE slots is standard. Maybe Aorus 3070 Ti wasn't meant to be paired. I might just have to sell it and get two thinner models instead.