Aug 11, 2018
Hello everyone, lately I've been dealing with issues when my PC sometimes and seemingly at random decides to not detect one, two, or even all three of my drives. After some digging I saw someone mentioning they increased the time their PC spends searching for hardware during startup, which slowed startup down but got rid of their similar problem. I have a Gigabyte z97x-sli motherboard with BIOS version F9, but I can't seem to find any option that sounds like it'd control hardware search time. Does anyone know if modifying that specific option is possible with my motherboard and BIOS version? Aditionally I heard of another person with a similar issue disabling agressive LPM support, and I can't seem to find that option either.

For reference, My drives consist of 2 SSD's, a kingston 225GB boot drive and a WD 500GB storage drive, as well as a WD 2TB storage drive. All had their SATA data cables very recently replaced with new ones in an attempt to fix the issue.

Aug 11, 2018
Identify the problem before applying a solution.

This sounds like one of your drives is acting up.
Disconnect them one at a time, and see if the issue goes away.
I checked them individually, unplugging each drive from both the motherboard and the PSU, leaving only one at a time, and in none of the cases did my PC detect any drives. When it does detect them, they work perfectly.