is it possible to join different areas channels?

Arthas

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2002
7
0
18,510
0
Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Is there anyway I can join channels for an area other than the one I'm in?
When I'm at the scarlet monastery I'd like to be able to ask in the ogrimarr
channels if anyone wants to join. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.
 

Arthas

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2002
7
0
18,510
0
Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Arthas" <no@no.com> wrote in message news:3gb348Fbkt2bU1@individual.net...
> Is there anyway I can join channels for an area other than the one I'm in?
> When I'm at the scarlet monastery I'd like to be able to ask in the
ogrimarr
> channels if anyone wants to join. Is it possible?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>

Does anyone know?
 

MindsEye

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2004
74
0
18,630
0
Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Arthas" <no@no.com> wrote in message news:3gdbmgFbu5rbU1@individual.net...
>
> "Arthas" <no@no.com> wrote in message
> news:3gb348Fbkt2bU1@individual.net...
>> Is there anyway I can join channels for an area other than the one I'm
>> in?
>> When I'm at the scarlet monastery I'd like to be able to ask in the
> ogrimarr
>> channels if anyone wants to join. Is it possible?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>>
>
> Does anyone know?
>
>

It's not possible, no. You can turn channels on and off, but what zone that
channel is tuned to is out of your control.

-[Blayde]-
 

rene

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2004
156
0
18,680
0
Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"mindseye" <mindseye@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> "Arthas" <no@no.com> wrote in message
> >news:3gdbmgFbu5rbU1@individual.net...
> > "Arthas" <no@no.com> wrote in message
> > news:3gb348Fbkt2bU1@individual.net...
> >> Is there anyway I can join channels for an area other than the one I'm
> >> in?
> >> When I'm at the scarlet monastery I'd like to be able to ask in the
> > ogrimarr
> >> channels if anyone wants to join. Is it possible?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance.
> >>
> >>
> >
> > Does anyone know?
> >
> >
>
> It's not possible, no. You can turn channels on and off, but what zone
> that channel is tuned to is out of your control.

This is not entirely true. I use an english client on a german server and
thus I also use the "chatlocalizer" addon which sees to it that you join
the correct channels. (The channel names are server-localized so on a
German server there is "Ogrimmar - Allgemein" while an english client joins
the "Ogrimmar - General" channel automatically).

It may be due to a bug or other mistake but some days ago I remained in the
Barrens channel while moving all around. So I was always up to date about
how many allies were rading XR even though I was in Ogri, UC and Ashenvale.
I don't know if you need to be in the zone to join the specific channels
but it is certainly possible to see a remote zone's channel (but that may
be bug).

As far as I know, the standard chat channels are merely well-known named
channels and so I presume you can simply join them if you send the correct
command to the server.

CU

René

--
-------------------- http://NewsReader.Com/ --------------------
Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Rene <invalid@email.addr> wrote:

> "mindseye" <mindseye@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> > "Arthas" <no@no.com> wrote in message
> > >news:3gdbmgFbu5rbU1@individual.net...
> > > "Arthas" <no@no.com> wrote in message
> > > news:3gb348Fbkt2bU1@individual.net...
> > >> Is there anyway I can join channels for an area other than the one I'm
> > >> in?

>
> As far as I know, the standard chat channels are merely well-known named
> channels and so I presume you can simply join them if you send the correct
> command to the server.

I noticed that you can stay in a zone's channels while flying to another
one, so there must *in theory* be a way to do it - if Blizzard let you
;)

Gavin
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:14:23 +0100, gav@herringbone.org (Gavin Ramsay)
wrote:

>I noticed that you can stay in a zone's channels while flying to another
>one, so there must *in theory* be a way to do it - if Blizzard let you
>;)

A /who on you also keeps reporting you to be in your "from" zone
untill you touch down.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Simon Nejmann" <snejmann@worldonline.dk> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:14:23 +0100, gav@herringbone.org (Gavin Ramsay)
> wrote:
>
>>I noticed that you can stay in a zone's channels while flying to another
>>one, so there must *in theory* be a way to do it - if Blizzard let you
>>;)
>
> A /who on you also keeps reporting you to be in your "from" zone
> untill you touch down.

Same for PvP flag (will switch to "on" as soon as you hit the ground).

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (50) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (14) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Gavin Ramsay" <gav@herringbone.org> wrote in message
news:1gy78q0.6xvo0u9wbc6wN%gav@herringbone.org...
> > >> Is there anyway I can join channels for an area other than the one
I'm
> > > >> in?
>
> >
> > As far as I know, the standard chat channels are merely well-known named
> > channels and so I presume you can simply join them if you send the
correct
> > command to the server.
>
> I noticed that you can stay in a zone's channels while flying to another
> one, so there must *in theory* be a way to do it - if Blizzard let you
> Gavin

Hover over your chat area. Right click on the General Tab. go to Join New
Channel, and type the name of the channel. I've joined IF channel from
Duskwood, for example.

Pepperin
 

Similar threads


ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS