[SOLVED] Is it possible to mount a integrated gpu on a mPCIe port?

Aug 14, 2020
Hi, this is kinda dumb, but I was wandering if, since it is possible to use an external gpu on a laptop via mPCIe adaptors, could it be possible to remove a integrated gpu from a laptop, sodder it onto some kind of adoptive board and stick it on another laptop's mPCIe port? If someone knows something about the matter, or knows that it is impossible, pleas let me know. Thank you.

Solution
The integrated CPUs are are part of the CPU itself, so you'd have to replace the entire CPU. You can't remove these.

If you're referring to a dedicated GPU inside a laptop, like the NVIDIA or AMD ones - these are usually soldered onto the motherboard, some do have ones that can be simply removed. The others are often made not to be removed at all - you'll probably find your answer somewhere here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/laptop-dedicated-soldered-gpu-disablingremoving/
Aug 14, 2020
Hi, this is kinda dumb, but I was wandering if, since it is possible to use an external gpu on an laptop via mPCIe adaptors, could it be possible to remove an integrated gpu from a laptop, sodder it onto some kind of adoptive board and stick it on another laptop's mPCIe port? If someone knows something about the matter, or knows that it is impossible, pleas let me know. Thank you.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The integrated CPUs are are part of the CPU itself, so you'd have to replace the entire CPU. You can't remove these.

If you're referring to a dedicated GPU inside a laptop, like the NVIDIA or AMD ones - these are usually soldered onto the motherboard, some do have ones that can be simply removed. The others are often made not to be removed at all - you'll probably find your answer somewhere here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/laptop-dedicated-soldered-gpu-disablingremoving/

Solution
Aug 10, 2020
Then that is not an "integrated GPU"
An iGPU is literally a subsection of the CPU. "Integrated". Part of the CPU.

And no, you can't remove a "dedicated" GPU from a motherboard laptop and just plug it into a different laptop mPCI subsystem.
You are defining an APU or SOC. Integrated graphics often means that graphics is part of a MB support chip like a memory or peripheral controller. ARM chips are System On a Chip so most functions are on one chip. Since UMA memory controller is on CPU chip some mfgs convert some of the CPU cores to GPU cores.
P