[SOLVED] Is it possible to overclock my ram timings with an A320M-K mobo?

Bugasboy

Commendable
Sep 8, 2020
Hello good day.

I am upgrading my ram from kingston 2x8 (16GB) 2400 MHZ TO G. Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8 (16GB) 3200 MHZ CL16 (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR)

I wanted to know if it is possible to lower down the CAS LATENCY to around 14 with my A320M-K mobo.

Thank u

Solution
It's not your motherboard you should be asking but rather the RAM itself. The motherboard will only limit your overclock on the memory clocks, the timings are purely limited to what your RAM silicon can handle.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Honestly not worth the effort, but you can try plugging those in manually. I'd use the Dram Calculator tables to help, because you aren't just using the Primary values (the 5 you can generally see) but there's 40+ more in the Secondary and Tertiary tables that also have to identify with the lowered Primary values. Get those out of whack and kiss stability good-bye.

On top of that it's also AMD, and they are quite particular about ram settings. Might have been better to go with the 3200/14 to start with as the Trident's use Samsung B-die, but quite often the 3200/16 were either Samsung D-die or SkHynix, which worked well after updating Agesa, but were somewhat iffy originally and usually only held 2933MHz stable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bugasboy