[SOLVED] Is it possible to overwrite an Ncomputing remote access computer with raspbian.

Mar 1, 2020
As the title suggests, my mom's work computers uses Ncomputing modules to connect to Windows server 2008 r2 run on another main computer in the office that is connected directly to HQ. They had an extra module that they gave to her and she gave to me, I quickly realized that the operating system installed by the manufacturer requires a code of some sort in the form of username and password to connect to it, is there a way to remove the Ncomputing os and install raspbian on it, it is basically a raspberry pi with a custom OS.

Solution
Raspberry Pi is consumer product. If memory serves me right, you can't even use it in commercial product.

Open that box, and see what makes it ticking. Make a picture or two, and share them. But I would be surprised if you can reuse it. And if it really looks like RPi - put a SD card with Raspbian in it, and boot it ;) You know, you don't "install" Raspbian to an RPi, you put an SD card with OS on it.
Your question sounds same as "Can I put Honda mower engine into this unknown machine doing unknown things..."

Don't mess with your mom' employment security! What she got does not belong to her, and if she does not know (or does not need) user name / password, neither you do. The fact that "it looks like RPi" does not mean it uses RPi (and for sure it does not).

Mar 1, 2020
Your question sounds same as "Can I put Honda mower engine into this unknown machine doing unknown things..."

Don't mess with your mom' employment security! What she got does not belong to her, and if she does not know (or does not need) user name / password, neither you do. The fact that "it looks like RPi" does not mean it uses RPi (and for sure it does not).
Just to clarify it was trash, the company sent her a new one and told her to throw the old one away. So she gave it to me instead of throwing it away, so what you are saying is that it is not a raspberry pi even though it looks like one and cannot accept a raspberry pi OS?

Raspberry Pi is consumer product. If memory serves me right, you can't even use it in commercial product.

Open that box, and see what makes it ticking. Make a picture or two, and share them. But I would be surprised if you can reuse it. And if it really looks like RPi - put a SD card with Raspbian in it, and boot it ;) You know, you don't "install" Raspbian to an RPi, you put an SD card with OS on it.

Solution
Mar 1, 2020

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1uNeFYPy4fjBng9b8CQJXJOZ36tPAiFqV
So those are the pictures, I haven't yet installed anything on to it but I believe it is possible, I will put my results here.

Mar 1, 2020
That's really an RPi… So, unplug that board, prepare an SD card, connect monitor / keyboard / mouse, and fire it up.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1uNeFYPy4fjBng9b8CQJXJOZ36tPAiFqV
Yep it worked, thanx.
Just to help out anybody else who might have this question in the future, opening it up took some fingering out, there is a screw beneath one of the foot pegs and another one beneath the silver holographic sticker. And it is an Ncomputing Rx300. Thank you.
You can mark this thread as solved I don't know how or do y'all do that?