[SOLVED] Is it possible to pre-order a 3080 Ti?

wormio

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2015
Hello!

I have most of my new custom PC's parts ready! I'm just really nervous about getting a GPU for retail price (because I know it's going to be impossible or near it). I really REALLY want a 3080 Ti, been keeping my eyes on it for a while now, can you guys please give me tips on how I can land one on launch day..? Or if it's possible to preorder it somehow?! I'd prefer it to be an EVGA 3080 Ti if possible, but in the end all that matters is it's a 3080 Ti even if it's an ASUS one or Gigabyte etc. Please give me tips!! How do the GPU launches usually go like? Does the stock end in like 30 seconds from every single retailer such as: Amazon, Best Buy, Newegg, Nvidia.com etc?

Thanks in advance guys! I love yall <3!!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No preorders. You need luck if you want to snag one up without paying an exorbitant price for it.
EVGA has a queue you can sign up for, but the 3080Ti listings won't be available yet, and you won't be the only one waiting to jump in.

How do the GPU launches usually go like?
Nothing like this. It's never been this bad before.
Everyone who doesn't have a card wants a card.
Everyone who has a dated card wants a card.
Everyone who already has a card(s) wants more cards.

wormio

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2015
No preorders. You need luck if you want to snag one up without paying an exorbitant price for it.
EVGA has a queue you can sign up for, but the 3080Ti listings won't be available yet, and you won't be the only one waiting to jump in.

Nothing like this. It's never been this bad before.
Everyone who doesn't have a card wants a card.
Everyone who has a dated card wants a card.
Everyone who already has a card(s) wants more cards.

hmm do they always do this EVGA? So you're sure there's gonna be a queue sign up also for a 3080 ti?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
hmm do they always do this EVGA?
No, they have not. This flustercuck has made them adjust gears a little.

So you're sure there's gonna be a queue sign up also for a 3080 ti?
Yep. There's queues for all the other EVGA 30 series cards. This won't be an exception.
You're not going to be the only hawk watching and waiting for it.
I was in the queue for a 3080 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid since Jan 8. Never got the notification. I've given up - I'll wait and see what next gen Nvidia and AMD is like.

IF the Vram cooling on the 3080Ti turns out to be manageable, miners will be after this card too. The difficulty to acquire one will only go up from there.
They don't really touch 3090s - 24GBs of GDDR6X is too much trouble to keep cool.