[SOLVED] Is it possible to put a second gpu into my build?

Nov 21, 2019
I currently have Asus GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3 GB Dual and two monitors in my build and I was thinking about purchasing an ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB. I wanted to see if I could use both of my gpus for both of my monitors separately?

Here is my current setup: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sLMZxr

Solution
the new gpu would be the main gpu, from that you would connect the monitor where you play correct?

the second the 1060 would be like a graphics adapter, to handle more monitors, right?

yes, is doable

the 1660 can handle multiple monitors just as your current gpu does

i personally would sell the 1060, the 1660 can handle easily 3 monitors if only one monitor will be used for a game and the others will be used to read websites, to view youtube videos and similar stuff

if you remove and sell the 1060 you will also lower power consumption, noise generated and heat generated, is always easier to have only one gpu to control and use

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the new gpu would be the main gpu, from that you would connect the monitor where you play correct?

the second the 1060 would be like a graphics adapter, to handle more monitors, right?

yes, is doable

i personally would sell the 1060, the 1660 can handle easily 3 monitors if only one monitor will be used for a game and the others will be used to read websites, to view youtube videos and similar stuff

if you remove and sell the 1060 you will also lower power consumption, noise generated and heat generated, is always easier to have only one gpu to control and use

Solution
Nov 21, 2019

yes, is doable

Yes it would turn into my main one.

Yeah I could just put my second monitor onto that one.

Ok I see, I was thinking about doing that too. It would make more sense

thanks!

Reactions: atljsf