[SOLVED] Is it possible to put deepcool maelstrom 120t on a GPU?

kapitana0

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
As the title says, I am trying to put a watercooler on my GPU(cuz my GPU fans stopped working and replacing them is very expensive in my country). Now the real reason for me to try this is because the GPU I am using(XFX R9 380 DD 4GB) uses heatsink for the VRM cooling and the custom cooler from XFX is ONLY cooling the chipset(the 28nm processor). And this precise water cooler is on sale right now for 30$usd, while buying fans(for this pecise GPU) is around 35$usd. Again, those are the prices in my country and the only answer I really need is whether the CPU cooler is compatible with my GPU(As I searched and couldn't find the answer).

Thank you in advance.

Solution

Lutfij

Titan
Solution

kapitana0

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
I do not feel safe to disclose my location and I do not feel it is necessary. Anyway, you are saying that power delivery would need cooling as well and CPU cooler ain't gonna cool it. I completely understand that there are other parts on a GPU that need cooling(even though I am not familiar with them), but this precise brand(XFX DD R9 380) has it's cooling sticking out from the main GPU chip like a normal CPU cooler does, without covering anything other than it. Is it really cooling anything else ?

kapitana0

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
I can take pictures of the GPU later if needed. Watercooling is usually much more quiet than air cooling and since it is in the same price range I would appreciate a definitive answer.