Question Is it possible to recover data from C disk?

Jun 25, 2019
Hi,
just recently my notebook broke. There were some problems with the circuits and we were told it's not repairable. We asked if it's possible to recover the data, to which he gave us the D disk from the notebook. I'm not a tech savy and so I asked him if it's possible to recover the data from the C disk, to which he replied that the disk he gave me is the only one and everything's on here. I checked and yes, everything that was on the D disk sure is here. We asked him multiple times about the C disk and he always said there is none, so I'm confused. Even if it's unrecoverable, I'd like to know.

check the laptop's manufacturer specs. it will state if there was a separate storage drive or not.
if not, then D: is just a separate partition on the same disk as C:.

it may be a hidden partition. it may be on a portion of the drive that was damaged and is unreadable. whoever "he" is may have even erased the partition by mistake or for some unknown reason or stolen the actual disk.

with the drive you have connected:
check in Windows > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management.
or if you have a better partition manager, something like AOMEI Partition Assistant, check with that.

Jun 25, 2019
We'll take the notebook home in about a week, it took the guy around four weeks to look it over, most of the time he didn't even picked the phone up when we called him so we'll definitely ask someone more professional. I'll check the disk once again, hopefully I just overlooked something. Thanks for the replies, they really did help.

Jun 25, 2019
check the laptop's manufacturer specs. it will state if there was a separate storage drive or not.
if not, then D: is just a separate partition on the same disk as C:.

it may be a hidden partition. it may be on a portion of the drive that was damaged and is unreadable. whoever "he" is may have even erased the partition by mistake or for some unknown reason or stolen the actual disk.

with the drive you have connected:
check in Windows > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management.
or if you have a better partition manager, something like AOMEI Partition Assistant, check with that.
There's the D disk and push button reset (not accessible).

while viewing the disk in a partition manager there is a separate partition labeled, "push button reset"? how large is it?
that should be a Windows option to help restore the OS and user files. do some internet searches regarding recovering data from that backup partition and see if it might be possible to extract your data from it some way.

what about manufacturer specs? you haven't responded about what type of storage the system actually had installed upon purchase.

Jun 25, 2019
while viewing the disk in a partition manager there is a separate partition labeled, "push button reset"?

what about manufacturer specs? you haven't responded about what type of storage the system actually had installed upon purchase.
Oh yeah sorry sorry, there were both SSD and HDD, the model is Acer Aspire v15 Nitro VN7-591G-76L9, if that helps.

Jun 25, 2019
you are missing a physical disk. either you or someone removed it before this happened or your guy still has the SSD.
or possibly he is just too dumb to have recognized it is still installed in the system.
Oh boy. Well, we'll take the notebook back and ask someone else. I just wanted to make sure that I'm not being stupid. Hopefully the next guy will be more helpful. Thanks a lot and sorry for wasting your time.