Question Is It Possible to Reduce Ghosting on a Laptop Display?

erik62905

Honorable
Jan 17, 2018
I'm just wondering if it's possible to reduce the amount of ghosting on a laptop. I have looked around for answers but never found anything. I know on a desktop monitor you go into the monitor's built-in menu and enable overdrive but you can't really do that on a laptop.

The laptop I have has really bad ghosting (especially noticeable because I use dark mode on every website and app possible). The laptop is a Lenovo IdeaPad FLEX-14API, model name 81SS, if that helps. It has a Ryzen 5 3500U with a Vega 8 iGPU. I installed CRU to see if it had anything but I couldn't find anything to reduce ghosting.

erik62905

Honorable
Jan 17, 2018
Oof, I just found out that my laptop uses PWM display dimming. That contributed a bit to the weird ghosting I was getting, however, even on full brightness, there is still a lot of ghosting.

arcaniadante

Prominent
Jan 19, 2018
Oof, I just found out that my laptop uses PWM display dimming. That contributed a bit to the weird ghosting I was getting, however, even on full brightness, there is still a lot of ghosting.
Any luck with this? Having this issue myself on a MSI GT75. There's absolutely no support online for this kind of stuff.