[SOLVED] Is it possible to replace a Lenovo Y720s CPU with an i7-10700?

Solution
Welcome to the Forums :D
nope sorry, the i7-10700 is a 65W part the other is a 15W part, the laptop does not have the power delivery system needed to even boot that 10th generation, and this is discounting the socket issues and the BIOS problems. Intel allows 2 generations per chipset, so you might be able to install a 9th generation 15W CPU with the same socket.
MIGHT is the keyword. I have only ever seen a couple successful laptop CPU swaps and they were all to CPU's that the laptop shipped with (upgrades from the factory i5 to i7).

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Welcome to the Forums :D
nope sorry, the i7-10700 is a 65W part the other is a 15W part, the laptop does not have the power delivery system needed to even boot that 10th generation, and this is discounting the socket issues and the BIOS problems. Intel allows 2 generations per chipset, so you might be able to install a 9th generation 15W CPU with the same socket.
MIGHT is the keyword. I have only ever seen a couple successful laptop CPU swaps and they were all to CPU's that the laptop shipped with (upgrades from the factory i5 to i7).

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution