Is it Possible to Reserve a Certain Drive Letter for a Certain Drive?

bartNL

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Hi,

I've got this problem that when I plug in a flash drive before plugging in my ext. HD, the flash drive picks the drive letter D, while this letter belongs to my ext. HD.
I've located my libraries on this disk and shortcuts to my libraries don't work anymore when the drive letter is changed.

I know you can simply change drive letters in disk management but this costs time and it's frustrating to do this every time. So i'd like to reserve the D, so that only the concerning drive can take this letter. Is there a way to achieve just this?

Thanks for any help

bartNL

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013

I think that tool would be the solution, if it wasn't for the complicated process required of configuring it to do what i'd like it to do. The tool doesn't come with a setup, you have to do everything manually, editing .ini files and such.
At first I was positive about the tool but this was the reason I lost interest. Of course setting higher drive letters is an option, too, but then i'll have to reconfigure all my related shortcuts and settings. The problem doesn't occur frequently so i'll leave it. It doesn't bug me enough(yet) to take the effort. But for other users I guess this solution will do, if they are willing to take the time. So i'll mark your answer as the solution. Perhaps the developer will make a setup for the tool in the future. Thanks for your answer.

bartNL

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013

I think that tool would be the solution, if it wasn't for the complicated process required of configuring it to do what i'd like it to do. The tool doesn't come with a setup, you have to do everything manually, editing .ini files and such.
At first I was positive about the tool but this was the reason I lost interest. Of course setting higher drive letters is an option, too, but then i'll have to reconfigure all my related shortcuts and settings. The problem doesn't occur frequently so i'll leave it. It doesn't bug me enough(yet) to take the effort. But for other users I guess this solution will do, if they are willing to take the time. So i'll mark your answer as the solution. Perhaps the developer will make a setup for the tool in the future. Thanks for your answer.