Question Is it possible to run 6 monitors on my PC?

OlDusty

Commendable
Oct 27, 2020
my system specs are as follows;
Asus Z790-Creator ProArt wifi mobo
i9-13900k
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 TUF OC Triple fan 16gb
Trident Z5 Neo RGB x2 ( 2x32GB) 128GB DDR5-6000 CL30
990 PRO 2TB samsung x2
RMx SHIFT series 1200x gold
Windows 10 pro

I planned to use all 4 ports on the GPU as well as two USB-C / Thunderbolt 3 to displayport UltraHD 4K/60Hz video converter cables.

will this run into any issues having all 6 monitors running at the same time?

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of the panels you have to work with?

In essence, you can take advantage of 4 ports on your discrete GPU, then use the lone HDMI port on your motherboard from the iGPU. The 6th display would be left out though, since one port would be necessary to plug into your motherboard's DP in port.

That's how I see it.

Reactions: OlDusty
I planned to use all 4 ports on the GPU as well as two USB-C / Thunderbolt 3 to displayport UltraHD 4K/60Hz video converter cables.
I don't see a problem with doing this.

The only hiccup would be the one HDMI port from the video card. Though I'm pretty sure HDMI 2.1 has effectively the same capabilities as DP 1.4 unless you're going for something super high-res and refresh rate.

Reactions: OlDusty

OlDusty

Commendable
Oct 27, 2020
Make and model of the panels you have to work with?

In essence, you can take advantage of 4 ports on your discrete GPU, then use the lone HDMI port on your motherboard from the iGPU. The 6th display would be left out though, since one port would be necessary to plug into your motherboard's DP in port.

That's how I see it.

27" UltraGear™ QHD 1ms 240Hz Gaming Monitor with NVIDIA® G-SYNC® Compatible​

these are the monitors I'm using.

I did some searching online and someone was saying that you cant use both GPU and IGPU at the same time, do you know if this would be an issue?

OlDusty

Commendable
Oct 27, 2020
I don't see a problem with doing this.

The only hiccup would be the one HDMI port from the video card. Though I'm pretty sure HDMI 2.1 has effectively the same capabilities as DP 1.4 unless you're going for something super high-res and refresh rate.

27" UltraGear™ QHD 1ms 240Hz Gaming Monitor with NVIDIA® G-SYNC® Compatible​

Using 6 of these monitors, outside of possibly not reaching 240hz would there be any issues with using one hdmi?

PhysX_HW

Distinguished
You may be able to use a DisplayPort MST hub, just like this one:
The 4080 should support DP 1.4, which it requires.
This is still limited by the maximum bandwidth of the port. If OP wants 1440p 240Hz, it's practically maxing out the capability of DP 1.4

PaulC55

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
my system specs are as follows;
Asus Z790-Creator ProArt wifi mobo
i9-13900k
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 TUF OC Triple fan 16gb
Trident Z5 Neo RGB x2 ( 2x32GB) 128GB DDR5-6000 CL30
990 PRO 2TB samsung x2
RMx SHIFT series 1200x gold
Windows 10 pro

will this run into any issues having all 6 monitors running at the same time?
In order to have more than 2 PC Monitors on your Single Desktop PC you need a middle to high end GPU with a sufficient amount of VRAM. A minimum of 12 GB DDR 5 or 6. That's my view point but someone else may have a better idea. Of course video ports come into play like newer GPUs come with 3 Display Ports and 1 HDMI port.