[SOLVED] Is it possible to run a GTX 730 on a OEM machine?

Jul 12, 2019
My friend wants a computer that can also play a few simple games like Minecraft and Gmod. Being as she doesn't really have a way to make any money (Still too young to get a job) she will be very limited in price. I eventually settled into the idea of an older OEM PC (i5-2400 CPU) and slapping in a cheap, low-power card such as the GeForce GT 730. The GPU is rated to used about 23 to 49 Watts. Is there anyway possible for that to run on this type of PC's 240 W PSU? If I would need to upgrade PSU, what would I need to get? I am trying to keep the costs as low as possible. Possible Computers will be one of these below (Hopefully the mini tower so I can install the GPU).
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
You do not need to upgrade the PSU.

If possible get the Mid-tower model and a GT 1030 over the GT 730.

I'm currently using a 30 W Palit GT 1030 in a 250 W SFF PC and some people are able to run a 75 W GTX 1050 Ti on these machines (although Nvidia recommends 350 W).

This is possible because these machines really do not take that much of power.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
You do not need to upgrade the PSU.

If possible get the Mid-tower model and a GT 1030 over the GT 730.

I'm currently using a 30 W Palit GT 1030 in a 250 W SFF PC and some people are able to run a 75 W GTX 1050 Ti on these machines (although Nvidia recommends 350 W).

This is possible because these machines really do not take that much of power.

Solution