[SOLVED] Is it possible to run dual 360mm AIOs in the same build?

Oxidane

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
I have a Corsair iCUE 5000X and want to utilize as many fans that it supports. I know for a fact I will also be running at least one 360mm AIO (Corsair iCUE H150i Elite). This will be mounted on the top.

Money is not an obstacle to me and in my opinion, for the side-panel I think an additional 360mm AIO will visually look much more aesthetically appealing as compared to three LL120 RGB fans. It would only cost about an additional $100 which is no big deal to me. In essence, I would like to mount an additional 360mm AIO (Corsair iCUE H150i Elite) onto the side panel. It is important that I use the same exact AIO (Corsair iCUE H150i Elite) for both the top and side panel because consistency is important to me.

Okay, now that I have two 360 mm Corsair iCUE H150i Elite AIO's (one mounted on-top, one mounted on the side-panel), what do I do with the pumps? So obviously one of them is going to be mounted on the CPU... But what about the other one? Is it possible to be mounted onto the GPU (for reference, I use the EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 Ultra)? Is there literally anywhere in the build where I can mount it?

Or is it just impossible to have dual AIO coolers for the same system? Not to mention I accidentally already purchased the second AIO already (yes I know I'm stupid for buying it without researching first). Is my only option to sell the second AIO on eBay? I do not know what to do.

Solution
Having a h150i Elite myself to run both through the Icue software for the controls over lighting and cooling settings your mobo would have to have 2 plus 9pin usb headers.
1x 9pin usb header per commander pro and any other devices you would have that may require one.

You could use 1 commander to provide rgb lighting and fan control for the 2nd H150i but the pump would run at the default speed which I think is about 2100-2200rpm.
That way there is only 1 9pin header being used. The commander pro can run 6 fans rgb / pwm control.

I would say return or sell the 2nd unit and buy the fans and hook them to the commander pro.
It's possible but running two loops at the same time won't help with temperature as water cooling is already very effective.

However, you could use the second pump to make a dual-pump system for redundancy, if one of the pump fails, your computer will continue working.

Having a h150i Elite myself to run both through the Icue software for the controls over lighting and cooling settings your mobo would have to have 2 plus 9pin usb headers.
1x 9pin usb header per commander pro and any other devices you would have that may require one.

You could use 1 commander to provide rgb lighting and fan control for the 2nd H150i but the pump would run at the default speed which I think is about 2100-2200rpm.
That way there is only 1 9pin header being used. The commander pro can run 6 fans rgb / pwm control.

I would say return or sell the 2nd unit and buy the fans and hook them to the commander pro.

Solution

Oxidane

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
It's possible but running two loops at the same time won't help with temperature as water cooling is already very effective.

However, you could use the second pump to make a dual-pump system for redundancy, if one of the pump fails, your computer will continue working.

Hey, could you possibly further explain this? How could I fit both pumps at the same time? Is there some kind of larger attachment I can buy for the CPU where I can mount both pumps?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I have a Corsair iCUE 5000X and want to utilize as many fans that it supports. I know for a fact I will also be running at least one 360mm AIO (Corsair iCUE H150i Elite). This will be mounted on the top.

Money is not an obstacle to me and in my opinion, for the side-panel I think an additional 360mm AIO will visually look much more aesthetically appealing as compared to three LL120 RGB fans. It would only cost about an additional $100 which is no big deal to me. In essence, I would like to mount an additional 360mm AIO (Corsair iCUE H150i Elite) onto the side panel. It is important that I use the same exact AIO (Corsair iCUE H150i Elite) for both the top and side panel because consistency is important to me.

Okay, now that I have two 360 mm Corsair iCUE H150i Elite AIO's (one mounted on-top, one mounted on the side-panel), what do I do with the pumps? So obviously one of them is going to be mounted on the CPU... But what about the other one? Is it possible to be mounted onto the GPU (for reference, I use the EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 Ultra)? Is there literally anywhere in the build where I can mount it?

Or is it just impossible to have dual AIO coolers for the same system? Not to mention I accidentally already purchased the second AIO already (yes I know I'm stupid for buying it without researching first). Is my only option to sell the second AIO on eBay? I do not know what to do.
Your also mixing fans that will have different looks, case comes with SP fans, cooler ML fans. and your talking about LL fans.

EDIT added a video to the different fans

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViaAR_ZAFZQ

Last edited:

Oxidane

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
Your also mixing fans that will have different looks, case comes with SP fans, cooler ML fans. and your talking about LL fans.

Hello. I am aware the case comes with SP fans. However, I have uninstalled them (there were 3 that were pre-installed in the front panel). They have been replaced with LL120 fans.

Oxidane

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
You can install them in serie, some people install two pumps in parallel but if your goal is redundancy, better put them in serie.

My goal is not "redundancy" per say, however, I am okay with it being redundant if it means superior aesthetics (this is subjective to me; I am aware a lot of people would disagree with me but I just have a different opinion).

At the same time though, if better cooling can be achieved by using dual 360mm AIOs, I would like to take that method.

What is the difference between having two pumps in parallel versus having them in series? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each? And how would one accomplish setting up the AIOs with the pumps in series/parallel?

Their no need to do that I already know! Of course your free to give a example of how to do this if you can!
These are sealed systems and not made to be rigged up!

EDIT People should think before posting.

Research, research and research...

Apparently you didn't know that people are building custom water cooling for dual CPUs and multi-GPUs computers, a setup where using only one pump is not enough.

And now people do that for hobby on single CPU too.

Information is everywhere over Internet.

Never pretend you know all.

Oxidane

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021

Oh I just realized. I didn't realize that the coolers use ML120 fans. Oh, well.

Will probably return both coolers at this point and look toward a custom loop.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Apparently you didn't know that people are building custom water cooling for dual CPUs and multi-GPUs computers, a setup where using only one pump is not enough.

And now people do that for hobby on single CPU too.

Information is everywhere over Internet.

Never pretend you know all.

Zerk was clearly referring to the information actually asked about, which was entirely about AIOs. You could hardly have failed to notice this considering every other sentence in the question was about AIO coolers.

Instead, you responded to a question specifically about AIOs with information about custom loops. And since you answered a question specifically about AIOs with an answer that had nothing to do with AIOs, your answer resulted in the OP getting the mistaken impression that they could slap two Corsair 360mm AIOs on the same CPU.

Picking a fight because you're grumpy that someone downvoted a misleading answer will not be a thing here.

Oxidane

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
Instead, you responded to a question specifically about AIOs with information about custom loops. And since you answered a question specifically about AIOs with an answer that had nothing to do with AIOs, your answer resulted in the OP getting the mistaken impression that they could slap two Corsair 360mm AIOs on the same CPU.

Yeah, I figured that eventually. Also, after realizing that the AIOs I'm using are not even using LL120 fans (yes, I know... I am embarrassed for not realizing this until now!), I think I'm just gonna end up switching to using a custom loop. I know my lack of knowledge (as evidence from my stupidity in my previous comments) makes it seem as though I shouldn't even be thinking of setting up a custom loop. But at the end of the day, this is a learning experience for me and I might as well try to learn.

I think I'm just gonna return my dual AIOs and then pick up the necessary equipment for liquid cooling (I will strictly only use Corsair products because I'm just like that).

I don't think Corsair has a water-block made for the RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA, however, I think I'm just gonna scalp this card at this point (I got it for less than MSRP due to EVGA Elite membership).

I am in very early queue where I think I could be in line to get a RTX 3080 TI XC3 very soon though. Pretty sure this is a "REFERENCE" layout GPU (I could be wrong, so I will conduct more research). Therefore, it should be compatible with the REFERENCE Hydro X Series XG7 RGB water-block. Again, I will do more research so I stop making these silly mistakes.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I think I'm just gonna return my dual AIOs and then pick up the necessary equipment for liquid cooling (I will strictly only use Corsair products because I'm just like that).

A lot of people will know more about this than me the last custom loop I did was for my brother on a old 5820X with a 980ti (brand new at the time about the best you could get)

I ordered a kit from Frozen the only information I had was that you needed about a 120mm rad for every 100 watts ( this varied of course depending on the actual rad used) so I got their 480mm kit came with 2 X 240mm rads, D5 pump, and all the connectors, hoses, reservoir, GPU block, and fluid. Everything worked fine but a BIT$$ to install then the need to be able to add liquid and drain and flush for maintenance (this is not for everybody but is required it can be a pain if you don't plan in advanced for the process when setting it up)

I have not really been keeping up on this but I don't think Corsair offers anything close to what your talking about doing.

Nothing personal but if you ordered 2X H150's you don't really know what your doing (like I said don't take that the wrong way just saying)

If you wish to go with a custom loop wait till EK sells a kit you can enter all your parts on their site and get it. (if available they will ask for CPU/ GPU/ case. (the fans are no big deal)

I know this is not the answer you wish to hear but it is what it is.

Oxidane

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
I have not really been keeping up on this but I don't think Corsair offers anything close to what your talking about doing.

Nothing personal but if you ordered 2X H150's you don't really know what your doing (like I said don't take that the wrong way just saying)

Yeah, I literally admitted I don't know what I'm doing and I said I would like to learn. And it is impossible to learn if I basically shy away from doing something like what you're suggesting.

"you don't really know what your doing"

Did you mean "you're"? The word "your" does not make sense in the aforementioned sentence.