Is it possible to set up a D'LINK EXO AC2600 with out fiber? I've moved house so back to VDSL!

brantanio

Prominent
Sep 17, 2018
So I have moved house from where I had Fibre installed.
I have my D'link EXO AC2600 but I want to set it up in a VDSL connection until the work in complete early next year. The router only has Ethernet ports.
I have a standard router too but to be honest its crap.

Solution
You need a vdsl modem but those are not a common device almost all are modem/router combo devices. In addition some ISP are very picky which vdsl devices they will support. So the first step is to look through the ISP and see what they support/recommend.

You "might" be able to run the vdsl device in bridge mode and maybe run pppoe in your dlink.

I guess it depends what features you need on the dlink. You could run it as a dumb AP if you just wanted better wifi coverage
You need a vdsl modem but those are not a common device almost all are modem/router combo devices. In addition some ISP are very picky which vdsl devices they will support. So the first step is to look through the ISP and see what they support/recommend.

You "might" be able to run the vdsl device in bridge mode and maybe run pppoe in your dlink.

I guess it depends what features you need on the dlink. You could run it as a dumb AP if you just wanted better wifi coverage

Solution

TRENDING THREADS