[SOLVED] Is it possible to split a monitor into two for gaming?

Oct 26, 2020
If I had a single ultrawide monitor, would it be possible to split it into two virtual monitors so that when launching a game that enters full screen it actually only covers half of the physical screen?
For all intents and purposes, the computer would recognize your single screen as two separate ones. I've found some partial functionality that makes applications maximise only using preset sections of the screen but nothing that would also affect a games full-screen mode.

Solution
I dont think its possible the way you want to run it , less you run the game in windowed mode but that wouldnt be truly splitting the screen I could be wrong , but it sounds like it would require a monitor to handle two separate video siganls from the gpu and honestly i dont think monitors work like that minus some specailty type , but there could be some virtual software for it. I dont think it would work well.

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I dont think its possible the way you want to run it , less you run the game in windowed mode but that wouldnt be truly splitting the screen I could be wrong , but it sounds like it would require a monitor to handle two separate video siganls from the gpu and honestly i dont think monitors work like that minus some specailty type , but there could be some virtual software for it. I dont think it would work well.

Solution