Is it possible to transfer prebuilt components into new Case?

Karl Nillas

Reputable
May 17, 2015
I have a prebuilt Lenovo h530 PC it has an i5-4430 and 8gb ram.
Mobo : Lenovo 10132
Bios : IEKT14AUS

I was planning to buy a new Graphics card , power supply and a new case
is it possible ?

Im planning to buy the GTA 960 zotac and Bitfenix collosus , also I don't know what case to buy that is compatible with the old H530 case? I'm not even sure if it's possible

Please if you know or have tried doing this before please guide me :)

Solution

Enthusiast GPUs rarely fit OEM PC cases, hence the case change.

To the OP:

What you need to check is if your PC motherboard conforms to the ATX/ mATX/ ITX standard, since many OEM motherboards have proprietary standards, or are build to rare standards (Eg: BTX.). You can normally find this info on the manufacturer's product page.

Next, a GTX 960 needs a decent power supply to...

Thineswar

Reputable
Apr 6, 2015
there's no such thing as a compatible case. the only thing you need to pay attention to is the positioning of the fans and the side window.

before you get the gpu, make sure it has a pci express slot for it.

for the psu, make sure the 12v rail is sufficient

edit: why would you even want to change the case? you could spend that money on a better gpu

Chayan4400

Honorable

Enthusiast GPUs rarely fit OEM PC cases, hence the case change.

To the OP:

What you need to check is if your PC motherboard conforms to the ATX/ mATX/ ITX standard, since many OEM motherboards have proprietary standards, or are build to rare standards (Eg: BTX.). You can normally find this info on the manufacturer's product page.

Next, a GTX 960 needs a decent power supply to ensure it isn't damaged. It needs a PSU that is 400W minimum. However, even if your PSU is above 400W, it would probably be a good idea to change it to something like a Corsair, EVGA, Seasonic, Cooler Master, Super Flower or Antec PSU, since OEM PSUs rarely output the Wattage they claim to, and that could damage the 960. Also before buying any power supply, check that your mother board has the 24 pin ATX power connector, and the 8/4 pin CPU power connector, since many OEM power supplies are proprietary, and cannot be easily swapped out.

main24pin.jpg

24 pin ATX power connector.

attachment.php

8 pin CPU power connector (, 4 pin has two less columns of pins.).

Finally, check that the case you are getting can accommodate the length of the GTX 960.

Edit: Looks like you are lucky!! The PC you have does have an mATX motherboard, so any ATX or mATX case will do (the bitfenix is fine.). Your power supply also is a standard one, so you can swap it out with a better one with no problems:

83-266-533-Z06

The bitfenix should accommodate the 960 without a problem, but only if it is this version of it:

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/chassis/colossus/

or the Colossus M:

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/chassis/colossus-micro-atx/

As for the new PSU, I recommend this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151124

Solution

Karl Nillas

Reputable
May 17, 2015
Hmmm GTX 960 or MSI GTX 970 4G TWIN FROZR V ?

I'm really new to this and im planning to upgrade GPU..

is my motherboard compatible with MSI GTX 970 4G TWIN FROZR V ? :D hehe

Karl Nillas

Reputable
May 17, 2015
just from a local shop they have everything i need :) just wanted to know if it's possible to use my lenovo h530 motherboard , i5-4430 and 8gb ram and other components for it hehe just gonna buy the new case which is the Bitfenix Colossus , the PSU Silverstone SST-ST60F-ESB Power Supply. | 600W and the GPU GTX 960 100 million edition :D

Iyan London

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
hi guys I haven't brought the video card yet. I'm just worried because im not 100% sure that it will work ? can anyone give me assurance that it will work ? I dont know what kind of pin or pci express slot lenovo h530 has.. is it compatible with GTX 960 and a 600w powersupply ?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
The components will be compatible with the gtx 960.Looking at the cpu used does it have a pcie 3.0 slot and even in a pcie 2.0 slot should the gpu work fine.

What do you mean by 14pin adaptor? Is this for the motherboard? You would expect it to use a normal 24pin for that.
Can you post a picture? Just take one and upload it to imgur,then copy the "IMG" link here in a next post.