Question Is it possible to transfer RAID 0 array onto 'new' PC?

b.gaj.bg

Reputable
Jan 9, 2018
Hello, a few years ago when I was building my present PC I've set up a RAID 0 array out of two 2TB HDDs. Now I'm considering on upgrading my old B350 to B550 with new CPU.

I'm wondering now if there's a safe and relatively easy way of 'transferring' my RAID array so I won't loose any data?

I'm assuming connecting just one HDD will render the data on it unusable as it's only half of information, right?

I remember I've set it up with help of some MSI (mainboard's manufacturer) instructions/tools, but can't remember exactly.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello, a few years ago when I was building my present PC I've set up a RAID 0 array out of two 2TB HDDs. Now I'm considering on upgrading my old B350 to B550 with new CPU.

I'm wondering now if there's a safe and relatively easy way of 'transferring' my RAID array so I won't loose any data?

I'm assuming connecting just one HDD will render the data on it unusable as it's only half of information, right?

I remember I've set it up with help of some MSI (mainboard's manufacturer) instructions/tools, but can't remember exactly.
Not even a little bit.

New system = fresh installation, RAID or no RAID.

And depending how this RAID was instantiated, it might be specific to that particular motherboard.

Solution?
Ditch the RAID 0 completely, and move to a solid state drive.

Reactions: ex_bubblehead

b.gaj.bg

Reputable
Jan 9, 2018
Not even a little bit.

New system = fresh installation, RAID or no RAID.

And depending how this RAID was instantiated, it might be specific to that particular motherboard.

Solution?
Ditch the RAID 0 completely, and move to a solid state drive.
Well, note taken. I guess I would need to put some cash into backup drive first if I'm to commence my upgrade. Not worth taking the risk.

Thanks for reply.