[SOLVED] Is it possible to turn a USB input into a wireless signal that can be picked up by a USB receiver?

Oct 11, 2018
I have a wired mouse, and am wondering if there is a small device I can plug it into that will make it like a wireless mouse.
So like it would have a USB female port, and take that signal and send it to a little USB male receiver that I plug into my computer
Its a really cool mouse that has this bug in some clear stuff it and lights up all rainbow colors so I wanna use it instead of just an ordinary wireless mouse

Do these exist? Or should I just reassemble my mice and stick with the wired one?

Solution

If the wire is getting caught, you can use a mouse wire holder (they actually make those specifically) or use a small hook like I do...

Yes. You can find these types of connectors on Amazon. Although I hope you're not planning on playing any FPS games as these aren't made for such speedy responses.

Oct 11, 2018

Where on Amazon can I find these?

So let's say you plug this wireless thing into your wired mouse, you will still have the wire coming out of the mouse. So what is really the point of doing this instead of just connecting the wire to the computer? You won't be getting rid of the cable so it's still there dangling in the way.

Oct 11, 2018

I might be able to cut the wire and re-soder it so that it is shorter
I could tie up the wire, as my main problem is the wire getting caught on my desk.
I could prank a friend

Even if it doesn't work how I want it to, it won't hurt to try.

If the wire is getting caught, you can use a mouse wire holder (they actually make those specifically) or use a small hook like I do https://www.amazon.com/Command-Hooks-Value-18-Hooks-17006CLR-18ES/dp/B0084M67P8?th=1

Solution