[SOLVED] Is it possible to upgrade a laptop screen from 60 hz to 144hz?

Sep 27, 2019
My laptop (Asus FX502VM) originally comes with a 60hz screen and I want to change the screen to a better one with a 144hz. Is it possible?

Solution
not likely.
to my knowledge each panel will require a specific controller to work. the controller is embedded into the laptop not the panel. if you change the panel you would need to change the controller which would entail changing the entire laptop.

you can attach a 144HZ external monitor to the laptop via the external port if equipped

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
not likely.
to my knowledge each panel will require a specific controller to work. the controller is embedded into the laptop not the panel. if you change the panel you would need to change the controller which would entail changing the entire laptop.

you can attach a 144HZ external monitor to the laptop via the external port if equipped

Reactions: Rami1o
Solution

mangaman

Honorable
Laptops are not as up-gradable as a desktop computer. The two major things you can upgrade in a laptop are the RAM and storage drive. Everything else is not up-gradable.

Changing things around in a laptop is not a great idea. The display that was put into that laptop, was made for that specific model only.

Reactions: Rami1o