[SOLVED] Is it possible to upgrade a virtual machine for the lastest version of vmware workstation pro?

Dzonzi

Honorable
Jan 13, 2017
Hello,
I have a VM which works on VMware workstation pro 12.5.7. Ive tried run it on version 16 but not successful. VM is based on windows 7 and it start-up but the program installed doesn't. Is it possible to upgrade somehow in free way?
Thank you

Solution
If windows 7 start up correctly then it's not a problem of VM.
The installed program probably has some sort of copy protection that sees the difference in hardware and refuses to run.
Or explain in much more detail what program it is, how it's installed and what happens when you try to run it, maybe it's something easily fixed.
If windows 7 start up correctly then it's not a problem of VM.
The installed program probably has some sort of copy protection that sees the difference in hardware and refuses to run.
Or explain in much more detail what program it is, how it's installed and what happens when you try to run it, maybe it's something easily fixed.

Solution

Dzonzi

Honorable
Jan 13, 2017
It is a program for industrial automation. It is not available for everyone. I think it is problem with the VM version because if I run it on 12.5.7 which is recommended for that software everything is good.
I have something like "change hardware compatibility" but on my version I can choose only 12x or lower version of VM. I think i need to install version 16 again and then use this feature to upgrade to 16x.
I'm gonna try it out now.