[SOLVED] Is it possible to upgrade my laptop from HDD to SSD?

Pcgolfer07

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
Hi, this is the laptop I own - HP Pavilion 15-AU628TX
I would love to upgrade to a SSD from HDD asap, as the laptop is too slow.

Can it be upgraded with SSD? Please let me know

Solution
Thanks for letting me know. I checked out the link, even though HP support said they could upgrade it to a SSD, when you scroll further below it says that the owner went with the laptop in hand to a HP service centre and they said that it couldn't be done?

I'm a little confused as to whether it can be done or not.
"They checked my laptop ( Hp 15-AU628TX) and confirmed that this model does not have a M.2 SSD port. "

OK, it doesn't have an M.2 port.

You can still swap in a 2.5" SATA III SSD.
Direct drop in replacement for your existing HDD. And lots faster.

Pcgolfer07

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
Hi there,

Yes, your mobo has a sata connector, so you could swap in a SSD. It also has an m2 slot.

Read this thread: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteb...my-HDD-with-SSD-in-HP-15-AU628TX/td-p/6401285

in fact you could put in an m2 port so you could in theory keep the HDD in there, and have a fast boot drive.

Thanks for letting me know. I checked out the link, even though HP support said they could upgrade it to a SSD, when you scroll further below it says that the owner went with the laptop in hand to a HP service centre and they said that it couldn't be done?

USAFRet

Titan

"They checked my laptop ( Hp 15-AU628TX) and confirmed that this model does not have a M.2 SSD port. "

OK, it doesn't have an M.2 port.

You can still swap in a 2.5" SATA III SSD.
Direct drop in replacement for your existing HDD. And lots faster.

Solution

Latest posts