[SOLVED] Is it possible to upgrade soundbar subwoofer?

kris_hm

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2014
I have an LG soundbar NB3530A with a wireless subwoofer and its been very nice ever since i got it back around 2013 but recently ive been desiring to have more bass, so i downloaded equalizer apo and thats cool but its not quite what i want.
I was wondering if anyone might have done something where they upgraded the subwoofer by taking the speaker box apart and replacing the subwoofer with a better, more powerful one?
I want to keep the wireless functionality of the subwoofer, i just want to see if i can swap the sub and upgrade the power board. Or maybe i can buy a bigger analog sub and connect the components from the LG sub to make it pair with my soundbar?

Solution
Is any of this possible, yes should be. Once you get past the wireless connections the signal going into the sub is the same as for any other sub. But if you could actually do the work of taking it apart and upgrading things then you would not have asked here, so you are not likely to have the knowledge or tools to work on it and are likely to just end up with two non-working subs once you start taking things apart.

Why not just sell the full working thing and buy something with more bass?
Is any of this possible, yes should be. Once you get past the wireless connections the signal going into the sub is the same as for any other sub. But if you could actually do the work of taking it apart and upgrading things then you would not have asked here, so you are not likely to have the knowledge or tools to work on it and are likely to just end up with two non-working subs once you start taking things apart.

Why not just sell the full working thing and buy something with more bass?

Reactions: colin.p
Solution