[SOLVED] Is it possible to upgrde a dell inspiron 3650 to game on?

Jan 19, 2021
So i have a dell inspiron 3650 that I have had for a few years and don’t use it for much of anything anymore. Wondering if there is anything I can do to it to be able to play first person shooter games on it. I’ve never games on a PC before so I don’t want to go out and buy one to find out I don’t like it. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hi there! your inspiron 3650 can still be used for gaming, but it really depends on what game you are trying to play. Modern FPS titles like Warzone/Fortnite/Pubg needs alot of cpu cores to run above 60FPS, but if your FPS target is ~60 fps, I would get a used 970 or 960 to pair it up with (they usually are around less than $80). You will likely experience frame drops, so I woundn't advise getting it, but if you dont mind the occational 40-50 fps dips then you are all good. Overall though, since I see you have COD in your name, I would purchase a ryzen 5 3600 pc if you want to have a smooth experience.
Jan 19, 2021
Hi there! your inspiron 3650 can still be used for gaming, but it really depends on what game you are trying to play. Modern FPS titles like Warzone/Fortnite/Pubg needs alot of cpu cores to run above 60FPS, but if your FPS target is ~60 fps, I would get a used 970 or 960 to pair it up with (they usually are around less than $80). You will likely experience frame drops, so I woundn't advise getting it, but if you dont mind the occational 40-50 fps dips then you are all good. Overall though, since I see you have COD in your name, I would purchase a ryzen 5 3600 pc if you want to have a smooth experience.

Solution