[SOLVED] Is it possible to use a new Gaming build as a home server simultaneously? And which components would be best for this.

jjack339

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
I am thinking about building a new PC for the 1st time since 2012. But I want it to do a bit more this time around.

I want to built is using pretty end stuff (not the most expensive, but close) have it linked directly into my 8k TV in basement to use for gaming.

At the same time I want to be able to set up workstations for my kids in their rooms for school, and also use it is essentially a home cloud for mobile devices. It would also be great if I could link my TV in my bedroom and in the living room to it for streaming purposes/ recording (downloaded movies, home movies, etc).

I want a home server and a new gaming build but I would like to do it all on one machine.

If possible-

What component should I look for in my main build. Then also what would I need to set up a work station with just monitor/ keyboard mouse in their rooms (and possible additional hardware required). Software tips would also be appreciated.

Solution
No.
You're asking too many things of it.

Monitor/mouse/keyboard in the kids rooms, all running individual OS's, and your gaming, and the bedroom and living room entertainment systems?

On the one system?

Not a chance.

OK, in theory, it could be done. It will be prohibitively expensive, and subpar for a lot of activities.

USAFRet

Titan
No.

Monitor/mouse/keyboard in the kids rooms, all running individual OS's, and your gaming, and the bedroom and living room entertainment systems?

On the one system?

Not a chance.

OK, in theory, it could be done. It will be prohibitively expensive, and subpar for a lot of activities.

Solution

jjack339

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
No.

On the one system?

Not a chance.

ok what about just gaming PC, and "home cloud" for media storage for home devices?

TRENDING THREADS