Is it possible to use an AMD r9 270x together with an Nvidia gtx 550ti in a single system?

Aharhar

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
Im thinking of getting a new rig and Im curious if my old card will work in this pc.

The specs of the pc Im thinking of getting is:

Intel i5-3470
Asrock z77 pro4-m
Sapphire R9 270x
Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 1600MHz x2
Corsair CX500 500Watts 80+ Bronze
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Sata 3

Solution
Short answer no,

Long answer, mostly no, they won't work together so if your playing games you won't see any difference,
however you can put them both in the computer and use them for different things, so if you want to render something in blender and play Call of duty at the same time, you might be able to do that, or at least i THINK you can do that, you might however have some problems choosing what graphics card does what, you might want your 560 to play games but your computer might always default to 270x,

LovelyCyanide

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
Short answer no,

Long answer, mostly no, they won't work together so if your playing games you won't see any difference,
however you can put them both in the computer and use them for different things, so if you want to render something in blender and play Call of duty at the same time, you might be able to do that, or at least i THINK you can do that, you might however have some problems choosing what graphics card does what, you might want your 560 to play games but your computer might always default to 270x,

Solution

TRENDING THREADS