[SOLVED] Is it possible to utilize a 2400mhz sodimm ram module on a gaming laptop that requires 2666mhz ram module?

Jul 14, 2019
I don't plan on mixing RAM frequencies i.e. higher and lower frequency or mixing RAM memory eg. 8 and 16GB.

I have a 2x16GB 2400MHz SODIMM RAM modules.
Can I replace the 8GB 2666MHz module on a gaming laptop that requires the 2666MHz frequency or can it support downscaling?

Solution
D
i always use Crucial's website to detect my mobo and tell me what is compatible ram, then you can cross reference their numbers to find other brands, but I stick with Crucial mostly.
Jul 14, 2019
Ram can down clock to suit the motherboard requirements, the bios will take care of the settings.

Just check whether you 'can' replace both ram sticks because laptops can have one unchangeable soldered stick.
Yes sir, I did check, both of the slots are available for upgrading, so I'm good to go?

D

Deleted member 14196

i always use Crucial's website to detect my mobo and tell me what is compatible ram, then you can cross reference their numbers to find other brands, but I stick with Crucial mostly.

Solution